Hi there Friends,
Here is my take on the Jamba Juice smoothie mixes you can buy in the frozen food isle of your local grocery store.
Step 1: Buy seasonal or on sale fruits
Step 2: Buy or make some plain yogurt
Step 3: Gather your desired ingredients (can be whatever was on sale or what you like)
I choose to make two batches, here’s what I used
Berry Batch Tropical Batch
– 1 small avocado (good fats & fiber) – 1 small avocado (good fats)
– 1 tbsp. coconut oil (good fats) – 1 tbsp. coconut oil (good fats)
– 1/4 cup hemp seed (extra protein) – 1/4 cup hemp seed (extra protein)
– 1 cup plain yogurt (protein) – 1 cup plain yogurt (protein)
– 2 cups mixed berries (frozen or fresh) – 2 cups mango (fresh or frozen)
– 2 cups organic strawberries (frozen or fresh) – 2 pineapple (fresh or frozen)
– 1-2 bananas (for sweetness ) – 1-2 bananas (for sweetness)
Blend it up!
Pour into ice trays. This amount will fill up two trays. Freeze until solid. To de-mold, run them under war water for 2 seconds and bag up.
You can either bag them in serving size portions or place them all in one bag with a zip top or twisty tie to secure the opening.
When you are ready to enjoy them, pour desired amount in blender with 1-2 cups of liquid (can use milk, juice or even water, since you already have the creaminess in the banana and yogurt)
Or use this mixture in a popsicle mold, a kiddie favorite. Enjoy summer in a cup! What are some of your tips/ideas for summer drinks? Do share.